Here’s a short screen cast showing how to maintain the Roots stack once it’s been deployed. In this screen cast I update WordPress core, Jetpack, and the WordPress SEO Framework plugin. The SEO plugin is a little quirky with updating, but aside from that you’ll see that everything goes smoothly and it’s a super easy process.
It’s as easy as:
- Update version numbers as needed in /site/composer.json
- Run composer update
- Make sure everything works.
- Add & commit to VC git add all & git commit
- Push to your master repo, in my case git push origin master
- CD to your trellis directory and deploy to your target environment, for me: ./deploy.sh production smutek.net
If you haven’t seen my other videos, I recently did a 3 part series on moving a WordPress website from shared hosting to a Roots stack running on a Digital Ocean droplet. Check them out here –